Keeping you Safe & Secure
What will be changing from Monday 19th July?
Your safety, and that of our teams is, as always, our paramount objective. Whilst we’re naturally delighted to be moving towards a greater sense of ‘normality’, we are also aware that Covid is still very much prevalent and with the prospect of further peaks to come.
With this in mind, we’ll be operating a very gentle unwind of the Government’s regulations and keeping in place certain measures to continue to create a safe and hospitable environment for everyone passing through our doors. We’ve once again reviewed our procedures and our teams will be striving to deliver safe hospitality that feels as warm and welcoming as always, in line with our AA Covid Confident status. We’ll continue to reassess these measures every two weeks.
- In order to continue to keep our spaces safe we suggest that guests may like to take a Covid test before their stay to keep our team members and fellow guests as safe as possible.
- For now, our customer-facing team members will continue to wear a face covering and we’re also asking our guests to wear a face covering when in public areas of the hotel.
- Sanitiser dispensers, regular hand washing, regular sanitation of touch points and surfaces will remain in place
Pool and spa area
- The sauna will remain closed until further notice. We will continue with the booking system for the pool as detailed below; this will be updated periodically.
- The changing rooms are remaining closed, and guests are asked to change in their rooms
Food and beverage
- We’re able to accept bookings for any number of guests and will no longer be limited to the rule of six people.
- The number of guests attending a wedding, or an event will also no longer be limited.
- Bar service will resume, but screens will remain in place
- We will continue to ask guests to reserve a time for breakfast and dinner via Reception or via a booking link sent out in guest email communications
- Our current table service arrangements for breakfast will continue until at least the end of July and will be reviewed at this point
- We are maintaining the current system for now. To prevent contamination our housekeeping teams will not be servicing guest bedrooms mid-stay or providing a turn-down service. However, a bag of fresh towels, toiletries and bedroom amenities will be left outside the bedroom door each day for replenishment.
If you would like more information on our safety procedures please feel free to ask.
We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay.
We’re following government guidelines and have completed necessary risk assessments on all aspects of how we operate. Our teams have been trained to deliver safe hospitality and we’ve completed AA Covid Confident certification to validate our policies. Due to the developing nature of the situation and the guidance issued, we are continually updating and reviewing our policies so information you receive at the time of booking may be out of date by the time you stay at the hotel.
Every member of staff has been trained in new health and hygiene procedures. We’ve implemented new policies in the workplace and guest-facing members of staff have been supplied with the necessary PPE to include face masks and gloves. In addition, we’re in touch with our key suppliers to ensure that their practices also adhere to our high standards on health and hygiene.
What this will look like:
Before you arrive
- Our Reservations team will be in contact prior to your arrival to discuss your stay and ensure we have the necessary information to make check-in as straight forward as possible, thereby minimising unnecessary contact on arrival. If you have any special requirements please let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary preparations with everybody’s safety in mind.
- Your booking will be flexible up until 48 hours prior to arrival, when full pre-payment will be taken for direct bookings. This will make check-out much quicker and easier too.
We’ve updated our check-in and check-out procedures to promote social distancing and minimise contact with staff and other guests.
- Check-in is available from 4pm.
- For everyone’s peace of mind, all guests are requested to check their temperature before leaving home. We ask that anyone recording a temperature of 38 degrees or above remains at home and postpones their visit please.
- Perspex partition screens are in place at Reception and check-in staff will be wearing protective gloves. The furniture in the hotel lobby has been rearranged and marked out to allow social distancing for people using this area.
- Regrettably, in line with a reduced-contact experience, we will not be routinely assisting with guest’s luggage or showing guests to their rooms.
During your stay
- It is no longer mandatory for face coverings to be worn in all public areas of the hotel. However we are politely requesting that guests continue to wear masks in public areas of the hotel whenever not seated at a table for the safety of our team and your fellow guests.
- Signage will remain in place to remind our guests and our teams to maintain a safe distance when moving around the hotel.
- We’ve scaled up our already robust housekeeping operations throughout the hotel and will be regimentally disinfecting all surfaces to prevent the spread of pathogens. You’ll be seeing a lot more of our vigilant housekeeping teams who will be deep cleaning the hotel common areas regularly throughout each day.
- We’ve installed automatic hand sanitisers at stations throughout the hotel and we politely ask that you use the hand sanitiser each time you enter the hotel and upon entering dining areas. Guests are also reminded to wash their hands regularly.
- Where possible, guests who are staying at the hotel are requested to use the bathroom in their hotel bedroom to reduce contact with other people using the toilets in the common areas.
- We have a lift at the hotel which guests are welcome to use, one person at a time, or one family group at a time only. The lift will be regularly sanitised, and signage in place to remind guests to follow safety guidance.
- Every guest bedroom and bathroom will be fully sanitised and sealed before each new guest’s arrival. All bed linen, towels and robes are professionally cleaned on a high heat.
- To prevent contamination, our Housekeeping teams will not be servicing guest bedrooms mid-stay or providing a turn-down service.
- All in-room consumables, including toiletries, tea and coffee trays and slippers will be replaced before each stay and will be available for replenishment on request mid-stay.
Dining at the Hotel
- We are lucky to have lots of outside space at the hotel and, while the weather permits, you’ll have the option to dine outdoors in the fresh air, should you wish.
- Breakfast will be served at your table (or to your room if you prefer) and we won’t be offering a buffet service for now.
- Our menus have been pared down to allow us to operate our kitchens with fewer members of staff and adhere to social distancing within our teams. Rest assured; we’ve not lost the classic dishes that we know you love nor the quality that we’re renowned for. You’ll still enjoy food that is beautifully presented, generous in size and of high quality, reflecting the best of regional produce.
- Our swimming pool is open to hotel residents only.
- Hotel guests are invited to pre-book a swimming lane in one-hour time slots between the hours of 9.00 am and 7.00 pm, with last admission at 5.45 pm. The pool will be divided into four swimming lanes and guests are requested to only use their pre-allocated lane for the duration of the session.
- Guests are requested to change in their own bedrooms since the changing rooms will be closed for the time being.
- The jacuzzi will be open for use by members of the same household at any given time. Guests will be able to use the jacuzzi within their allocated swimming time slot.
- Sadly our sauna remains closed.
- Please note that we are only able to accept debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future to avoid the increased risks of handling cash. Credit card machines and other shared devices will be regularly sanitised.
- Your room bill will be emailed to you on the morning of check-out, or alternatively we are able to print you a copy of your bill if you prefer. If you booked directly with us, we’ll have these details, otherwise guests will need to supply us with an email address.
- Guests will simply need to deposit their room key in the designated box at Reception, since we can automatically take payment for your stay using the debit or credit card details which we hold on file.